3 Reasons Qualified Executives Aren’t Getting Board Roles, with Sara Faivre
Do you ever wish there was a coach to help you prepare for and find board seats? Would you benefit from a board readiness masterclass? You’ll want to listen to Sara Faivre and hear her proven process.
Would you answer the call?
We’re talking about the call that leads to a board seat. You have to be willing to put yourself out there to land a board role.
Sometimes the stakes are high. Like for today’s guest — when the White House called her. Sara
Now most of us aren’t going to be called to board service in this way. But this happened to Sara because she’d done all the right prep work to put herself in position to earn that board seat.
Now she’s training others to do the same. As part of the 2020 Women on Boards movement, Sara is leading a pilot program for the organization. Running in Austin this year, InTouch2020 is a Board Readiness program that helps qualified executives build a network and execute on the specific steps needed to find their first corporate board seat.
This program helps participants overcome the three main reasons holding back otherwise qualified executives from landing a board seat:
- How committed you are, especially the time you’ll dedicate to the task and how intentional you are about the process
- Having a plan plus a method of accountability for staying on plan. This ranges from cleaning up your brand to developing any missing skills
- Building a network of people who are board influencers and connectors, e.g. sitting board members, general counsels, CEOs, and investors with influence over board appointments
Sara talks us through the most important things for someone to do if they’re serious about serving on a corporate board. You’re going to want to pop in those earbuds in and listen right away.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Liked this episode? I would be really grateful if you’d take 30 seconds to leave me an honest review over on iTunes. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Plus, I love to give shoutouts on the show to everyone who submits a review. Just click here to review, tap “Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- 2020 Women on Boards
- Episode 011: How Board Matchmaking Works, with Heather White
- Episode 008: The World’s Most Successful Board Headhunter Tells All, with Charles King
- Episode 009: Do NOT Join a Board to Network!, with Doug MacGray